This 3-hour workshop is aimed at those preparing the formal report on their research study (e.g. thesis, project report) and who are considering submitting the work for publication. Novice and experienced researchers should benefit from the workshop. At the end of the course those attending should be able to:
- State why it’s important to publish?
- Cite the different types of published reports
- Know how to choose a journal
- Understand common problems in writing
- Be aware of strategies to overcome the problems
- Prepare the manuscript
- Be familiar with the editorial process
- Be aware of what referees and editors are looking for
- Consider what to do if the manuscript is rejected
- Consider what to do if the manuscript is accepted.
Course places can be booked via Roy Halliday, Research & Development Support Officer, NHS Fife (email firstname.lastname@example.org).