This 3-hour workshop is directed at novice researchers who are in the early stages of planning a research project. The course is relevant in particular to those undertaking an MSc course. Examples of protocols are used throughout. At the end of the workshop those attending should be able to:
- Identify the features of a good study
- Describe the components of a valid research question
- Understand the difference between a qualitative and quantitative approach
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of different study designs
- Choose a study design appropriate to a research question
- Describe the key content of a protocol
- Have a better understanding of their own study’s protocol
- Consider what to do if the manuscript is accepted.
Course places can be booked via Roy Halliday, Research & Development Support Officer, NHS Fife (email firstname.lastname@example.org).