This workshop is directed at those with no knowledge of statistics who require a better understanding of how statistics can be used to describe and summarise data. The level of presentation is very basic and we use examples throughout to illustrate the procedures and concepts. At the end of the 3-hour workshop those attending should be able to:
- Describe different data types
- Describe measures of ‘location’ (also known as ‘central tendency’) and variability (spread) appropriate to the distribution of the data
- Describe the features of the Normal distribution and the t-distribution together with aspects of their application
- Understand the ‘standard deviation’
- Derive and interpret confidence intervals for continuous data and proportions.
Course places can be booked via Roy Halliday, Research & Development Support Officer, NHS Fife (email firstname.lastname@example.org).