Poster presentations are an increasingly common aspect of academic conferences and research seminars, providing a vehicle for presenting work to peers and initiating discussion. Maximising the impact of a poster presentation is dependent upon clear representation of what is often complex and detailed information.
This 3-hour workshop provides an overview of the key issues of effective poster design and the methods available for poster production. It will also provide the opportunity for the preparation of a poster for discussion / critique within the workshop. Designed to provide participants with a greater understanding of the effective planning processes that will help them produce powerful poster displays, the session will cover:
- When and where to use a poster
- Issues to consider when producing a poster
- Effective layouts – content, text, size, colour & graphics
- Production techniques and support available
- Group exercise – producing a poster
- Hints & tips on producing the perfect poster and common mistakes
Course places can be booked via Roy Halliday, Research & Development Support Officer, NHS Fife (email firstname.lastname@example.org).