This 3-hour workshop is aimed at those planning to write up a dissertation for a higher degree. It will cover some basic considerations and offer practical tips from experienced researchers. Reference will be made to each participant’s own requirements. The format is a lecture with some class exercises. At the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Recognise common problems in writing
- State what is good writing
- State early considerations in planning the activity
- Cite the stages when preparing the dissertation
- Be familiar with the structure of the dissertation and the order of its writing
- Understand what makes good tables/figures
- Be familiar with the editorial process
- Be familiar with strategies to manage references
- Be familiar with the review process
- Cite considerations if planning to publish work from the dissertation.
When registering please provide the deadline date for your thesis and its title.
Course places can be booked via Roy Halliday, Research & Development Support Officer, NHS Fife (email email@example.com).