Fife Health and Wellbeing Alliance has commissioned research into food insecurity in Fife, to build a better understanding of the extent of the issue, and of the initiatives in place to tackle food insecurity. The research was carried out by Iconic Consulting and published in August 2017.
The brief was to:
- identify key themes and issues emerging from national and local evidence, reports and policy documents
- set out clear definitions of food poverty and food insecurity
- establish baseline data on the extent and nature of food poverty and insecurity in Fife
- map the diverse range of initiatives currently in place in Fife to alleviate and tackle food poverty and insecurity
- assess the extent to which initiatives are effective, sustainable and meet the underpinning principles set out in the Dignity report
- review food initiatives’ contribution to reducing health inequalities, through use of the Health Inequalities Checklist
- meaningfully involve people with lived experience of food poverty in the research.
Both a summary of the findings and the full report can be downloaded below-: